Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bopara: India will be a big threat

In an exclusive interview to espnstar.com, England star Ravi Bopara speaks about his side's chances in the ICC World Twenty20.

action during the 2nd NatWest ODI

Q. What are the chances of theEngland team in the Twenty 20 World Cup Tournament?

A. The experience of playing in the Indian Premier League would definitely help the England team to do well in the competition. England should really do well.

Q. Is it the only reason for which you think England would do well?

A. We have not always lived up to our potential as a Twenty20 team so far but we have played well in 20-over internationals in England. I am confident we would do well this time.The key thing for this competition has to be the way we have been playing lately. We are also banking on the winning streak.

Q. Ravi, you are a superstar now!

A. I can't help that. But I am enjoying my cricket. I know people have a lot of expectations from me. I will try my best to live upto those expectations.

Q. What did you do extra for this tournament?

A. Extra practice in the quick-fire version of the game is very important. I tried to do that to be in a good shape.

Bopara in action during IPL 

Q. Did IPL teach you anything?

A. Of course. Even though the English counties are playing Twenty20 for the last six years, I must confess that I learnt a lot from mixing with various international cricketers who took part in the IPL. I learnt about tactics,preparations and how they can make a big difference to a side.

Q. Which team can bring a threat to England in the ICC World Twenty20?

A. India. They have got a balanced side. Their cricketers have gained enough confidence from IPL.

Q. How will you prepare for the Ashes?

A. I do not want to invite any kind of pressure for this great series. I would try to concentrate on the basics and would try to be calm and realxed. But for the time being, I am only concentrating on this ICC World Twenty20.

No comments:

Post a Comment