Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Kaka: I want to stay with Milan

Kaka has repeated his desire to stay a Milan player in the aftermath of Carlo Ancelotti's departure to Chelsea.

Kaka

The Brazilian striker was speaking from Brazil as speculation of his pending move to Real Madrid increases daily.

New Milan coach Leonardo has stated he wants Kaka to stay with the Rossoneri but vice president Adriano Galliani revealed that it will be difficult to keep hold of their prized asset if, as reports suggest, Real launch a massive bid.

Manchester City tested Milan and Kaka's relationship in January with a massive bid but the Brazilian turned down the move even though Milan agreed a fee with City.

"I will say it for one last time: I do not want to leave Milan," La Gazzetta dello Sport quotes Kaka as having said while on the flight to his homeland.

"I prefer to keep quiet for the time being because I don't want to be misinterpreted or, even worse, manipulated.

"I just want to say to the millions of Rossoneri fans that I have made my choice. I want to stay. Just leave me alone, please."

Milan finished third in Serie A to qualify for next season's Champions League after Kaka netted in a 2-0 victory over Fiorentina on the final day.

"Thank God we qualified for the Champions League. We missed it and I missed it," explained Kaka.

"I want to keep winning with Milan. I'm staying at Milan. And as of today, this case is over."

No comments:

Post a Comment